Thursday, October 5, 2017

Tick Tock, goes the clock

      When Liana doesn't eat I pretend to close my eyes and with food in my hand cry out, "Come birdie, eat. Liana doesn't want it!"Liana on tiptoe comes and eats it. There is a happy, impish expression on her face as she tells me with unbridled  excitement that she and not birdie ate it. Such adorableness...but I know the clock is ticking.


      Ryan hurt his thumb and came to me for healing kisses. Today Liana came too, but went away saying it still hurt. Not too long ago, it used to work for her as well. And not much longer before Ryan realizes that magic kisses aren't for real. The clock is ticking.

[Ryan taking a power nap]

[Liana trying on a new hat]

      When I get the kids dressed to go out, Ryan gets his favorite pair of shoes and insists on being helped. Now a days Liana chooses her stuff and ends up wearing clownish outfits and too many accessories. Ryan won't always need my help, and Liana will develop her sense of fashion soon. The clock is ticking.


      Every hour, everyday, I race with time. And Time always comes up triumphant. I always end up losing with every tick of the clock.


      Meanwhile, there is a prayer I say everyday. Thank God for they are mine. Thank you, God, for choosing me to be their mother. I cherish every minute with them and I love them with my life. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vidya.david@gmail.com